Cool Kids @ Cradoc is a not-for-profit, committee run organisation that provides a happy and safe environment for children aged 3 -11 years. We were founded in 2002 with the vision of providing a fun, active, reliable, affordable and well organised childcare service that fully supported working parents/carers when they needed it most – before school, after school and during the school holidays. The club is registered with the Care Inspectorate of Wales (CIW) for up to 32 children at any session. We are also a supplier of the Childcare Offer for Wales and work very closely with 3@Cradoc to provide the best possible wrap around care.
At CoolKids@Cradoc we aim to:
- Address the parents/carers needs in enabling them to return to work knowing that their children are receiving the highest possible level of care.
- Provide the best possible standard of play opportunities and workshops to create a varied and enjoyable experience for the children attending.
- Ensure our staff are trained to the recognised standards and are committed to striving for even higher standards and qualifications.
- Have a commitment to monitor, maintain and update our policies in line with all of the latest legislation to safeguard the children in our care.
- Maintain a pricing policy that will ensure we can provide a full and sustainable service.
We pride ourselves on having a professionally trained team of staff that have over 18 years experience of working in out of school settings. This allows us to be confident that your children will have the best possible opportunity to try our extensive range of activities in each of our clubs whilst being cared for in a safe and friendly environment.
The Breakfast Club runs from 7.45am to 9.05am and proves to be a big help for parents who start work early or have long distances to travel. The children are given a healthy breakfast and drink when they arrive followed by free play, organised games and art and craft.
The After School Club runs from 3.30pm to 6.00pm. At the beginning of each after school session children are given a snack consisting of toast, cheese, crackers, fresh fruit, dried fruit and a drink of water, milk or sugar free squash. Drinks are available at all times and for the children attending until 6.00pm we offer an additional biscuit and drink at around 5.30pm. We are always happy to cater for any special dietary needs and welcome any suggestions from parents regarding our snacks.
The Holiday Club runs from 7.45am to 6pm for almost all Summer holidays. We usually have theme weeks, such as pirates, kings and queens, dinosaurs etc where many of the activities available relate to the theme.
Working with Cradoc School and 3@Cradoc, we can provide wrap-around care, from 7.45am to 6pm, Monday to Friday for 49 weeks of the year.
We value the reputation for the high quality of childcare that we provide and therefore we endeavour to reappraise our service on a continual basis. We are proud that in our CIW inspection in March 2020 we were judged excellent in all four inspection areas. Take a closer look at our inspection report here.